Kevin L Caswick
435 S. Main St Apt 2
Fond Du Lac, WI 54935
- Development of Internet web sites including writing HTML, writing CGI programs, and modifying graphics with CorelDRAW, GIMP, Photoshop, and other graphics programs.
- Designing and coding of databases using Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual FoxPro, and dBase.
- Writing programs in Java, C/C++, PERL, BASIC, xBase, and other languages.
- Writing compilers, including the use of tools such as (F)lex or JLex and Yacc or Java Cup.
User training, Tutoring, User support
- Providing training and support in Internet software and general computer operation.
- Providing training in HTML.
- Tutoring in computer programming.
- Furnishing remote assistance in configuration and problem resolution over the Internet.
Computer hardware installation, troubleshooting, and repair
- Installing and configuring network cards, modems, CD-ROM drives, hard disk drives, tape drives, video cards, and other hardware.
- Identifying hardware problems and getting replacement parts.
Computer software installation and maintenance
- Installing and maintaining operating systems including UNIX(primarily Linux and IRIX), Windows 95/98, and Windows NT/2000.
- Installing and maintaining multi-user email programs, Web browsers, other Internet software, compilers, word processors, and computational fluid dynamics software.
- Performing backups of small networks and individual systems.
Worked as a system administrator at the UW Engine Research Center (June 1997 - April 2000)
- Maintained a network of 16 Silicon Graphics workstations running multiple versions of Irix including 4.0.5, 5.3, and 6.2-6.5.
- Installed and maintained a Debian Linux mail and Apache web server.
- Provided support for 100 users.
- Wrote and maintained a set of PERL scripts for updating configuration files on all machines at once and for initiating backups of all machines from a single machine.
- Installed and maintained a Samba server to provide file and print services to Microsoft Windows NT workstations.
- Installed and configured ADSM backup clients.
- Performed bare metal restores of two machines.
- Wrote webpages to assist users.
- Installed and maintained Condor to provide users with batch job computing time without compromising the interactive use of the workstations.
Wrote semantic network based 3D virtual environment with research partners (April 1999 - November 1999)
- Wrote module which inputs and stores a multimodal semantics that makes 3d objects, events, and natural language descriptions interchangeable.
- Added features to and helped debug SMVR, an ANSI C program which uses OpenGL and the CAVE libraries to display an interactive 3d virtual environment on the ImmersaDesk.
- Wrote a Java module which communicates via a bidirectional UNIX pipe with SMVR.
- Created infrastructure in Java for use of securely encrypted communication channels for highly scalable, easy distribution of user code across a distributed, heterogeneous computing platform.
- Wrote in-source documentation for Java code written by other programmers.
Set up USENET news server for Fastbytes.com (March 2000)
Wrote a small compiler in Java (September 1997 - December 1997)
- Learned Java Virtual Machine instructions and how to generate JVM code using Jasmin.
- Learned use of JLex and Java Cup for automatic scanner and parser generation.
Assisted in development of Internet web sites for a small business and a non-profit organization
- Developed an interactive order form using a PERL CGI script.
- Installed and maintained a message board.
Designed and programmed a customer contact database system (June 1996 - August 1996)
- Automatically receives information generated by a web site.
- Automatically generates personalized email responses.
Designed and wrote numerous small C/C++ programs and libraries in my spare time (1988-1997)
- Worked in DOS and Windows environments
- Worked with Lattice, Borland, and Microsoft C/C++ compilers of various versions
- 3 years double majoring in Computer Science and Linguistics.
- GPA in Computer Science: 3.276
- Class work in C++, Java, and assembly running on the UNIX platform